Few years back, it was very easy to achieve high ranking in search results. It was simple because people use SEO tricks which help them to achieve high ranking quickly. But these SEO tricks worked for few years and not work now as Google penalizes those sites which make use of these SEO tricks. These SEO tricks don’t work now because Google has changed its algorithms by introducing various updates. Firstly, Panda in February in 2011 and then Penguin in April 2012. Now the question arises, what works after Panda and Penguin update (in 2013 and 2014).
This article includes the SEO tricks to be implemented in 2013-2014 or after the Google Panda and Penguin updates.
Firstly, there is just an overview of the SEO tricks which were used few years back, and then it is discussed about the SEO tricks that should be used now.
SEO tricks few years back
- Paid blog networks used by the bloggers which helped them to post hundreds of quality backlinks automatically. But now this is considered as a black hat technique and the sites still using this method are penalized by Google. Now these links are completely worthless. As a result, the ranking on search results is affected badly.
- Spamdexing is also one of the deliberate attempts which influenced the search engines. There were many methods used to make spam links like spun content (taking out the unique content and changing its few words, sentences to create a fresh and new version), automated blog commenting and posting.
SEO tricks for 2013-2014
Since the release of Goggle Panda and Penguin update, the rankings on search engines will never be same. The old methods will not be reliable now and Google is still updating its algorithms. Here are some of the latest SEO tricks which would work better to rank well in search results:
1. Guest Posting:
It has become one of the most popular and effective methods since the Google made changes in its algorithms. Guest posting refers to – when author is allowed to write its content on the website of some other company. This SEO method is a white hat technique and brings traffic and creates backlinks. There are some people who try to post the low quality content, as a result the other company rejects that content because of the fear of Google updates. Therefore, if you want to do the blogging/posting effectively, then create high quality, informative content on the other company’s website. This would attract the users and would help you to generate more traffic.
- Publish at least one guest post daily. In other words, make it a regular part of your SEO campaign. As posting regularly, would help you to create the trust in the minds of audience.
- Read the content before publishing it. If you find any mistakes, then correct it and then post it. Because one mistake can create a bad impression about your business in minds of readers.
- Try to engage or participate on the site before posting.
2. Social media marketing:
Social media marketing is a great way to drive traffic and attention, if done effectively. It is a great way to build trust if used in a proper way. One should must keep in mind that social media is a way to help people and not to market or promote your products and services.
- Make high quality posts for social media which includes interesting content that is liked by the people and hence they share.
- To grab the attention and to keep them engaged, try to create a hook in few of your posts.
- Share your expertise with people and educate them.
3. Content Marketing:
Content Marketing is also a great way to communicate with your customers, both present and future without promoting your products. It is way to teach customers instead of selling. It would help you to build trust and loyalty. You can promote your content in many ways like in form of articles, videos, infographics, e-books, images etc.
- Create attractive and engaging content.
- Try to use narrative voice whenever possible
- Create interesting content instead of advertising