I am among those people who work with a lot of tabs open. They overflow every here and there in the browsers when you are conducting any kind of research online and it is difficult to control the situation too. They just clutter your work and the problem with multiple tabs is also that when you look for the one that you want to work on, you just can’t seem to find it.
All this may also lead to slowing down the speed of your PC as the browser uses more memory. Well, the solution is pretty simple. Just close the tabs which are irrelevant and the ones that are not immediately of use. But it is easier said than done. There are times when your work or research requires some than 20 tabs open so you won’t have to look for them when you need them.
10 Tips and tools that can help you in managing too many browser tabs:
1. Separation – You can separate the tabs into different categories so that you know which tab is the one you are working on and which is the one that shows you the flights for next day. It is very easy to navigate among the various windows in your browser. All you have to do is right-click on the icon of the browser and then make your selection for the window that you want.
2. Read it later app – Of course, nowadays, with a lot of reading material available online, there may be some links or articles that you may wish to save for later. By default, you will have a number of tabs open and you would most definitely not be able to read all of them in one sitting. So, you can put the stuff you want to read later in the read-it-later app. There are many of these available online and you can download it according to your needs and preferences.
3. Add your important links to the To-Do List – There may be certain things you need a reminder of and you can just send whatever link you want to the page of the app of the task management. All you have to do is copy the URL, click and then paste it so that later you can get all those links in the app. You will get access to those links when you need them and they will not clutter your browser also.
4. Bookmarking Pages – If you come across a page that you would like to take reference of, in future rather than reading it, then you can bookmark it to a specific folder and then just close the tab.
5. Window management – Window management is much easier and also better as compared to tab management. It is faster and it is also a fact that some apps work best in the browser.
6. Use your phone – There are certain apps for which you can make use of your phone rather than cluttering your PC like an app for email, for Twitter, facebook, even an app for calendar etc. This will help to save a lot of space and tabs in your laptop or PC.
7. Pin to desktop – If there is a particular website that you make use of pretty often and there is no corresponding app that it has, then it would be a good idea to pin it to the desktop so that you are able to locate it much faster and be at ease. But you have to apply some jurisdiction at the number of tabs you pin.
8. OneTab – There is a possibility to create a plethora of tabs in sets and then also restore them at once. You can also export the URLs and then it also allows you to share the list of links as a web page. It is a life saver for you and you would not lose the tabs that you have opened. You just have to click on your browser and all the tabs will be closed only so that you will get them all saved at once, in OneTab!
9. Tab Snooze – Tab Snooze is great at saving the tab you do not want at the moment but might need it sometime later. It helps o make the tabs you are working on to to-dos. You just have to choose a date and time and the tab you have scheduled will reappear on the screen and you can go ahead with your work without any hassle.
10. Tabli – When you click on Tabli’s extension, you will get a list of all the open tabs which will be divided into groups as per their window. You can go to the tab of your choice from that list or also save all the other for later.
Therefore, these are the top 10 tools along with tips that will help you manage the tabs in your browser. All these are very helpful and will greatly help you organize your work and all your tabs and links.